Tysons Pediatric Dentistry
Looking for a pediatric dentist in Tysons?
Our kids are like family. They always share their stories and jokes with our staff. We use a gentle touch and don’t forget to celebrate every cavity-free visit with your child. The formative years of your child’s dental health helps determine the future success of their overall dental health. To start building positive memories at the dentist for your child, give our Vienna pediatric dentists and hygienists a call at (703) 288-1800 to schedule your appointment! Our team of dentists serving Tysons Corner, Vienna, and the rest of Fairfax County are here to help you!
The Benefits Of Forming The Doctor/Patient Relationship Early
Seeing a dentist like Dr. Priti Naik regularly isn’t just a great way to protect your child’s oral health. Routine visits also help you and your child form a great doctor/patient relationship with your Tysons pediatric dentist. This, in turn, has a number of benefits:
- Children become familiar with dental care – If a child sees their dentist regularly from a young age, they will become familiar with the process of having their mouths examined and their teeth cleaned, and they will be less likely to develop dental anxiety in the future.
- Better oral hygiene habits – Your family dentist can help explain oral health concepts to both you and your child and encourage the formation of healthy oral hygiene habits. This helps develop a positive trajectory for a lifetime of healthy habits.
- Early monitoring for disease and other potential developmental issues – Routine visits mean that your dentist will be able to track the development of your child’s teeth and be on the lookout for any potential oral issues. Catching any potential problems early can protect your child from common dental health issues, and save you time and money.
- You can stay informed and ask any questions you may have – If you have questions about brushing or flossing, oral development, losing baby teeth, or any other tooth-related issue, you can just ask your dentist, and get all of the information you need from an expert.
What To Expect During Your Child’s First Visit To The Dentist
You should take your child to the dentist when their first tooth erupts, or when they turn one year old, whichever comes first. At your first appointment, Dr. Priti Naik will perform an oral exam, and answer any questions you may have about your child’s oral development.
If you have an older child who already has most of their permanent teeth, Dr. Naik will perform an oral exam and their teeth will be cleaned. X-rays may also be taken, if it is necessary to do so, to check for cavities and proper oral development.
Common Preventative Treatments For Children
Preventative dental treatments help protect your child’s teeth and keep them from developing cavities. A few common treatments include:
- Dental sealants – Dental sealants use a plastic resin to seal off the rear molars and prevent sugar, acid, and bacteria from building up on them, preventing cavities.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride treatments can help remineralize a tooth that has been weakened by tooth decay and can even help you avoid the need for a filling, in some cases. Preventative fluoride treatments are often recommended for children who may have a high risk of developing cavities.
- Silver diamine fluoride – Silver diamine fluoride can be used to halt the progression of tooth decay as an alternative to fillings. Its unique composition kills bacteria and helps strengthen the affected tooth.
The tooth fairy shouldn’t be the first to examine your child’s teeth!
In our fun, family-friendly environment we see children as early as six months (usually when their first tooth erupts) to teach positive dental hygiene tips, monitor changes in their dental health and support positive memories at the dentist. It's often children who are most exposed to sugary treats and juices that may cause small cavities or tooth decay. When your child comes in for pediatric care, our Tysons pediatric dentist and hygienists focus on maintaining and improving their dental health in a warm and supportive environment.
Need help finding our office? Our Tysons dental office is conveniently located right off the grey line of the metro at the Tysons Corner stop. If you are traveling by car you can also get to us right off 495 Capital Beltway or Leesburg Pike. Our address is 8230 Boone Blvd., Suite 320 Vienna, VA 22182.